In this article, we are going to talk about what is a 502 bad gateway error and also how to fix 502 error in different ways. Be with SEO teaching.
What is error 502 Bad Gateway
Error 502 Bad Gateway is an HTTP status code of the 5xx error type, meaning that one server on the Internet received an incorrect message from another server. Of course, the literal meaning of that gate is incorrect.
Incorrect gateway error on any site can be customized, for example, SEO teaching site can change the display of 502 error based on its structure and needs. Although this is relatively unusual; Different web servers display 502 error in different ways. Here are some common ways to display this error:
How to display error 502
502 Bad Gateway
502 Proxy Error
Temporary Error (502)
502. That’s an error
502 Service Temporarily Overloaded
HTTP Error 502 – Bad Gateway
Bad Gateway: The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server
502 Server Error: The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request
Displaying a 502 Bad Gateway error in an Internet browser window is the same as displaying other pages in a browser.
The famous “fail whale” error on Twitter is actually a 502 error, which means that the capacity (referral) to Twitter is excessive (even if the 503 error makes more sense in this regard).
Error 502 Bad Gateway If it occurs in Windows Update, it generates error 0x80244021 or message WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_BAD_GATEWAY.
502 Bad Gateway errors are completely independent of your device-specific settings, meaning that you can see this error in any browser, on any operating system, or on any other device.
Causes of Error 502 Bad Gateway
In most cases, the 502 Bad Gateway error occurs due to issues between online servers that are beyond your control. However, sometimes there is no particular problem, but your browser thinks it is related to your home network equipment or has another cause that is beyond your control.
Note: Microsoft IIS web servers often provide more information about the cause of the 502 error, which is indicated by adding a number after the 502 error, such as HTTP 502.3 error, which means that the web server while a gateway Or works as a proxy, received an invalid response. The complete list of these numbers that are added to the number 502 and the meaning of each can be seen at the following address.
Note: An HTTP 502.1 error, which is a type of Bad Gateway error, indicates a bug in the Common Gateway (CGI) program, and should be considered as the subject of a 504 gateway interrupt.
How To Fix Error 502 Bad Gateway
Error 502 Bad Gateway is often a network error between Internet servers, meaning that the error is not caused by your computer or Internet connection.
However, since a mistake may have been made, here are some ways to fix this:
- Try reloading the website address; This can be done by pressing the F5 key on the keyboard or by clicking the refresh / reload button.
While a 502 Bad Gateway error usually indicates a network error out of your control, it can be extremely temporary. Attempting to re-access the website is often successful (and fixing this error).
- Restart loading by closing all open browser windows and opening a new browser page. It is also possible that the 502 error you encountered may be due to a problem with your computer system while using the browser. A simple reboot of the browser program may fix the problem.
- Clear your browser cache. Outdated or corrupted files stored in your browser can cause incorrect 502 gateway errors. Deleting files that are in cache and trying to access the page again fixes the problem (if it is due to cache overflow).
- Clear your browser cookies. For the same reasons as for cache, clearing and deleting stored cookies can fix 502 error. Note: If you prefer not to delete all of your cookies, try deleting the cookies associated with the site that you encountered with message 502 accessing in the first step (delete cookies). Of course, it is better to delete all cookies.
- Use your browser in Safe Mode. Running the browser in safe mode means running it without default settings and without search tools add-ons or extensions or additional programs such as toolbars. Of course, in Chrome the safe mode is called incognito and in Firefox it is called private. If a 502 error does not occur while using the browser in safe mode, it means that some additional settings or applications are causing the error. Go to your browser settings and reset it to default mode, or selectively disable additional browser programs so that you can find the root cause (error) and fix the problem forever.
- Use another browser. Popular browsers include Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari, among others. If you do not see the 502 Bad Gateway error message when using another browser (other than the main browser you use most often), you should know that the root cause of the problem is your main browser. Assuming you have followed the troubleshooting tips above, now is the time to reinstall your browser and see if the problem is resolved.
- If you have MS Forefront TMG SP1 software installed and you get error message when you access web pages with “Proxy 502 error” or “Network login failed” or other similar messages, download software update 1 for Microsoft Download Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1. Important Note: The solution mentioned above is not common to all 502 proxy error messages and is only used in certain cases. Forefront TMG 2010 is a commercial software that you should be aware of if you are installing it.
- Restart your computer. Some temporary issues with your computer and how it connects to the network, especially if you see errors when accessing multiple pages, may cause 502 errors, in which case restarting your computer can be helpful.
- Restart your network equipment. Problems with modems, routers, switches, and other network devices can cause a 502 Bad Gateway or 502 error. Restarting these devices can be helpful.
- Change your domain name (DNS) server on both the router and the computer or device. Some Bad Gateway errors are due to temporary issues with DNS servers. Note: The DNS servers you are currently configuring are probably the same ones that are automatically assigned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), unless you have already changed them. Fortunately, there are a number of useful DNS servers to choose from. This link introduces free and useful DNS servers for you to choose from.
- Direct contact with the website can also be a good idea. It is possible that webmasters who are troubleshooting a 502 Bad Gateway error may not be interested in informing their audience about the cause of the problem:
Interesting point: on Twitter, a site is usually completely down or so-called dormant, especially if the down site is one of the most popular websites, it is full of discussions in the form of tweets, and if, for example, you have such a problem on sites Great, you can visit these networks and with a search you will get the necessary information about recent errors on that site. For example, hashtags like #websitedown can be used on Twitter to find a specific site. For example, when the Facebook site went down for a short time, the hashtag facebookdown was widely used on this social network. Or the Amazon site in this social network targeted by users and we see many tweets with the hashtag amazondown. In fact, this method is a great trick to know the status of sites other than Twitter.
- Contact your ISP. If your browser, computer, and network are all working and your website reports that the page or site is working for them, the 502 Bad Gateway problem may be due to network issues that your Internet service provider naturally has. (ISP) You must be accountable in this regard.
- See you again later. At this point in the troubleshooting (which you did), the 502 Bad Gateway error message is definitely an issue that may be due to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or website network – even if you have been in direct contact. , One of the two has been proven for you.
- Sometimes you may use Supra Arvan CDN and if you encounter 502, it can be a problem that the main host server of the site is not available. Blocking requests from your host firewall is another reason. In this case, contact the host.
- The above 13 may help you a lot in fixing the 502 error on the cloudflare site, but if you are managing the server or hosting site yourself or you have encountered this error, it is recommended to fix the backup of the purchased server. Post.
Because when such an error is observed as shown below, it shows that the Cloudfler site has worked well and has detected the error but has not been able to establish a proper connection with your site server.
In any case, you are not the only one who encounters error 502, so you need patience to solve the problem. Of course, in rare cases, this error may be related to other server-side errors, so studying errors such as error 500, error 503, and especially error 504, which is very similar to error 502, can also help you to solve problems.
To check and monitor these errors, it is recommended to check the SEO teaching site search console tutorial.