In this article, we will talk about how to fix the 503 service unavailable error, and in the end you will be able to easily solve the 503 error problem of your site. We will first talk about what error 503 is and then how to fix this problem.
What does 503 Service Unavailable error mean?
The 503 Service Unavailable error is one of the popular http status codes, which means 503 service is not available. An HTTP status code is a 5xx code.
Error 503 on the Internet means that the web server is currently unavailable, error 503 is a bad consequence for SEO if the number of times and time increases. Of course, this bad consequence does not mean being bad on all pages, for example, where?
For example, when you are updating your WordPress website plugin or template, this error will be displayed in that short moment.
In fact, in this case, it is better to say code 503 instead of saying error 503, because instead of sending a successful 200 code, code 503 indicates inaccessibility, and this is not an error, unless important pages that have good traffic from Google give such an error.
That’s why you need to monitor the important pages of your site, and one of the methods in the Google search console that has the ability to monitor. But here’s the problem:
The problem is that in the Search Console, when Google shows a page with a 500 error, it means that Google bots have seen this error, and it may have had a negative effect on SEO. Therefore, it is recommended that you fix this error before it is seen by the robot. How about now
In SEO teaching, an article titled 15 Website Monitoring Tools has been introduced that these tools can monitor your site well at any time, and if there is a problem and an error occurs, these monitoring tools will inform you quickly via email. In this case, you will no longer have to worry about your brand being notorious or selling poorly on your website, and you can safely get to other things 🙂
Error 503 can be customized on any site that has been updated or on any server that has been generated (meaning that the error appears in the browser), so the method or form in which you may see this error may Be very different.
How does error 503 occur?
The most common methods or forms of “Service not available” error are:
HTTP Error 503
HTTP Server Error 503
503 Service Unavailable
Http/1.1 Service Unavailable
Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable – DNS Failure
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
503 Service Unavailable errors can appear in any browser, operating system including Windows 10, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc., and even on mobile phones and other uncommon computers. Wherever there is Internet access, you may encounter a 503 error in a particular situation.
This error is displayed in the browser window in such a way that other pages are displayed.
Causes of 503 Service Unavailable Error
Most of the time, a 503 error occurs because the server or server is too busy or repaired.
Note: Sites running Microsoft IIS may provide more information about the cause of the service error (adding error 503) by adding a number to 503, for example HTTP Error 503.2 – Service Unavailable, which means The limit on concurrent requests has increased. In this link you can see.
How to fix 503 Service Unavailable error
Service Error Not Available (Error 503) is a server-side error (server-centric error), meaning that the problem is typically related to the site server. Of course, your computer may have problems that contribute to the 503 error, but in general this (503 error due to your computer) is unlikely.
Solve 503 problem on the user side
- Try trying to access the site address again by clicking the reload button or refresh or press F5.
Although a 503 Service Unavailable error indicates an error on another computer (meaning the same server), this is probably a temporary issue. Sometimes trying to access the page again will fix the error.
Important Note: If a 503 Service Unavailable error message appears when paying for an online purchase, you should be aware that repeated attempts to check may result in multiple ordering and subsequent additional costs! Most payment systems and some credit card companies have support systems in this regard. However, there are other things that you should be aware of and it is better in payment systems, that is, do not press the F5 key when there is a payment gateway. If you have a problem, just take a screenshot and contact the admin with the necessary documentation.
- Restart your router and modem, and then your computer or device, especially if you get the “Service Not Available – DNS Failure” error message.
Note: If a reboot of the mentioned devices does not fix the DNS 503 crash error, there may be temporary issues due to the DNS servers themselves.
- The next option is to contact the website directly for help. There is a good chance that webmasters will be notified when an error occurs, but it is not a bad idea to check the status of the problem and inform the webmasters on your behalf.
Interesting point: on Twitter, a site is usually completely down or so-called dormant, especially if the down site is one of the most popular websites, it is full of discussions in the form of tweets, and if, for example, you have such a problem on sites Great, you can visit these networks and with a search you will get the necessary information about recent errors on that site. For example, hashtags like #websitedown can be used on Twitter to find a specific site. For example, when the Facebook site went down for a short time, the hashtag facebookdown was widely used on this social network. Or the Amazon site in this social network targeted by users and we see many tweets with the hashtag amazondown. In fact, this method is a great trick to know the status of sites other than Twitter.
- See you again later. Patience is one of the best options, as the Service Unavailable message is a common error message when it’s greatly increasing visitor traffic (of which you are one) and causes servers to crash on many popular websites.
Many large sites in Iran, such as Aparat, Digi Kala, Bamilo, etc., have encountered this 503 error, especially when the right time arrives or a discount is given on these sites, which can be fixed with a little patience and subsequent efforts.
Resolve 503 error on server side
- In addition, if possible, check for connection restrictions, bandwidth controllers, general system resources, failures – safety that may have started, and so on.
- And what may be a double-edged sword for your website is that your website may become very, very popular. Getting more traffic from the site will fix or control almost 503 errors.
- Due to server involvement, you may improve server resources by upgrading your site’s PHP version. Because the latest version of PHP has a lot of changes to optimize. Therefore, it is recommended to use the latest version of PHP to treat this error or prevent 503 error on your server.
- For this reason, you should update your site programs as well as related plugins to the latest version, because each time we see optimized changes compared to previous versions, and with this update you can treat this error or Prevention of this error took 503 steps.
- Another step that can reduce server hassle is to paginate comments, which is recommended if you have a large number of comments on your pages. Appeared.
- If you are using WordPress or Joomla’s systems, try disabling unused plugins, and there are some plugins that are not very suitable for the server to enable.
Like statistic plugins done by plugins. It is recommended to use statisticians whose database and handling is off-site, such as Google Analytics
- Another way to check for 503 errors in WordPress and Joomla is to use the default templates temporarily, in fact disable the current template and use the simple and default templates of these CMS, and if the error is fixed 503 Severe facing means that your template has problems or is too heavy.
- In method 7 we talked about WordPress 503 error, now you may not know where the problem is to fix WordPress 503 error, the solution to find the source of this error is to disable each plugin and check to see if it comes again after Disable plug-in or plug-in Error?
Sometimes Joomla or WordPress 503 error occurs due to interference between plugins or interference between the plugin and the template. . Sometimes the plugin may even interfere with the host (server) settings or the template with the host settings. To do this, you need to start with the plugins one by one and evaluate the site each time you disable a plugin.
- You should always reduce the pressure on the server as much as you can, data caching is one of the things that can have a very positive effect on server performance.
If you use free CMS such as WordPress and Joomla, installing the Super Cache plugin may be convenient, or if you use Joomla, just do a Google search and cache in Joomla. Of course, in the article What is Cache, we have talked very thoroughly about the types of CMS and the types of solutions for activating cache.
- If the website reporting the 503 error is through the Microsoft IIS web server, it shows more details and adds other values after the number 500, for example:
503.0 Application pool unavailable. Software source not available.
503.2 Concurrent request limit exceeded. Two simultaneous requests is beyond.
503.3 ASP.NET queue full Three lists or complete rows of ASP.NET
More information about IIS codes can be found in the ISS 7.0, IIS 7.5 and IIS 8.0 e-mail status page.
Last point, if you want to monitor the 5xx errors such as 503, it is better to register your site in Google Search Console, you can use the search console tutorial.
Error 503 was one of the most important and common errors that we tried to point out from the series of articles on the SEO teaching SEO site. We hope that these seo training articles, which are published for free for you, will be used in practice.
Do you still have a problem ?! Raise your problem in the comments 🙂