In this article, we are going to fix the 500 scary error. What is error 500 and how can this error be fixed? One of the worst things that can happen to a webmaster is that when you log in to your site, you run into a problem called “500 Internal Server” and worse, you do not know when the error occurred, whether it was 1 hour or 1 day?
For this reason, apart from knowing how to fix 500 errors, you should be able to monitor your site. In SEO teaching, an article titled “Top 15 Site Monitoring Tools” has been introduced, which can monitor your site well and inform you via email if there is a problem. In this case, you will no longer have to worry about your brand being notorious or under-selling.
What is 500 Internal Server Error?
500 Internal Server error, which means a problem with the 500 internal server is one of the most common HTTP status codes in the 5xx code range. Error 500 means that the wrong subject or issue is on the website server (server or host) that the server or server is not able to accurately diagnose the problem that the presence of this error for a long time, such as more than 6 hours, has a very adverse effect on SEO and online marketing is your business.
Of course, most 5xx errors, except for the 503 error, have this bad effect on SEO, and if it is not fixed faster, Google bots may see this error. That’s why you were told above that you must use monitoring tools.
Are you a webmaster? If you see a 500 internal server error on one or more pages of your website, see the Internal Internal Server error fix on your website at the bottom of the page for better solutions or suggestions.
The 500 Internal Server error message may appear in a variety of ways, as each website can and does allow the message to be customized to its liking, such as page 404, where the design of each site is different.
The following are some of the most common messages you can see in HTTP 500 error:
500 Internal Server Error
HTTP 500 – Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
HTTP 500 Internal Error
HTTP Error 500
500. That’s an error
When an internal server error such as Error 500 occurs through the website you are visiting, this error can be seen in any browser, operating system, or even your smartphone. The Internet browser window appears in the form of other pages (in other words, this error appears as a normal page in a web browser).
Causes of HTTP 500 errors
As I mentioned above, 500 error messages indicate that something or something is wrong with the whole site.
Many times, 500 error means there is a problem with the server (hosting) or site programming, and sometimes this problem is difficult to find and sometimes temporary and easy to fix.
Note: Each 500 error can have several subcategories. In most cases, detailed information about the cause of an HTTP 500 error is provided when that error occurs on a server running Microsoft IIS software. Note the numbers that appear after the number 500, such as HTTP 500.19 error – Internal server error, which means that the configuration data is invalid. We have brought the other messages on this page a little lower.
How to fix 500 Internal Server error
As I mentioned above, error 500 is an error on the part of the server, meaning that the problem is probably not with your computer system or the Internet, but rather with your server (or so-called server). Hosts) returns.
There may be something wrong with you, but it is unlikely that this problem will occur, and we will explain the possibilities for this error in the following.
Fix 500 user side errors
- Load your browser. You can do this by clicking the Refresh button, or pressing the F5 (keypad) button, or retrying the URL in the address bar. Even if the 500 Internal Server error is a problem with the web server, the problem may be temporary. Trying to access the page again will be successful in most cases. Another way is to enter the address downforeveryoneorjustme.com and click on the name of the address you are about to enter, as in the picture below, for example, seo-teaching.com is typed here. If you encounter the Up message, it means that your personal system has problems, and if you encounter Down, it is most likely not a problem on your part and the server has problems.Clear your browser cache. It is called cache, if there is a problem with the cache of the page being visited, it may cause HTTP 500.
- Clear your browser cache. It is called cache, if there is a problem with the cache of the page being visited, it may cause HTTP 500.
Note: Internal server errors are not often caused by cache issues, but I have seen some issues that have been fixed after clearing. It’s easy and safe, so don’t be indifferent to it.
- Delete your browser cookies. Cookies are very small pieces of data that are sent to your browser when you visit a site. Corrected.
After deleting the cookies, restart your browser and try again (to get to the website you want).
- Troubleshoot this error like Error 504.
Some servers display a 500 Internal Server error when there is a 504 error; Of course, this is not very common.
- Direct contact with the website is another option. Webmasters are probably aware of the 500 error, but if you think they are unaware of it, it’s a good idea to let them know.
Interesting point: on Twitter, a site is usually completely down or so-called dormant, especially if the down site is one of the most popular websites, it is full of discussions in the form of tweets, and if, for example, you have such a problem on the sites. Great, you can visit these networks and with a search you will get the necessary information about recent errors on that site. For example, hashtags like #websitedown can be used on Twitter to find a specific site. For example, when the Facebook site went down for a short time, the hashtag facebookdown was widely used on this social network. Or the Amazon site in this social network targeted by users and we see many tweets with the hashtag amazondown. In fact, this method is a great trick to know the status of sites other than Twitter.
- See later. Unfortunately, regarding the 500 Internal Server error, it should be said that this error is undoubtedly out of your control (site users) and should eventually be fixed by someone else (website administrator).
If the 500 error message appears when shopping online, it may be due to a site disruption – usually in this case, there is a strong incentive for the online store to fix it as soon as possible. If you encounter a problem 500 even on sites that are not for sale, such as YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or Telegram, the least you can do is wait, because God loves the patient.
Fix 500 admin error
As mentioned above, the cause of the 500 Internal Server error is on the server or host side, and there may be problems with the script on the host.
There are many reasons why your site displays 500 errors to your users, but the most common reasons for this error are:
- Permissions Error The 500 Internal Server error is in most cases due to permission or incorrect access to one or more files or folders (folders or directories). Improper access to PHP and CGI scripts is often the main cause. These should usually be accessed as 0775.
- PHP Timeout. An HTTP 500 error can occur if your script is connected to external sources and interrupts those sources. Rules for interrupting or checking for errors in your script can be helpful (to fix the error) if they cause an error of 500.
- Coding Error in htaccess Although this error is not very common, make sure you check it on your website and the correct structure of htaccess.
- Has a cache or cookie problem. Sometimes, especially those who have WordPress or Joomla, will encounter the following error. This page isn’t working site.ir is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500 In this case, it is first suggested to view the site in hidden mode, ie if you have Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N, or if you have Mozilla, press Ctrl + Shift + P. The cookie is in the browser and I suggest you delete the cache and data only related to your site from the browser.
Other cases where you may encounter 500 internal server errors
In some Internet browsers, the message The website cannot display the page is often displayed when a 500 Internal Server error occurs, but sometimes in these browsers it also shows a 405 error, in which case you should see the page title. To find out if it is an error of 500 or an error of 405.
When Google services like Gmail or Google Plus or Telegram encounter a 500 Internal Server error, this message is often temporary and may take less than 5 minutes to resolve.
If the website reporting the 500 error is running Microsoft IIS, you may encounter a more specific error message such as the following:
500.0 – Module or ISAPI error occurred.
500.11 – Application is shutting down on the web server.
500.12 – Application is busy restarting on the web server.
500.13 – Web server is too busy.
500.15 – Direct requests for Global.asax are not allowed.
500.19 – Configuration data is invalid.
500.21 – Module not recognized.
500.22 – An ASP.NET httpModules configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode.
500.23 – An ASP.NET httpHandlers configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode.
500.24 – An ASP.NET impersonation configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode.
500.50 – A rewrite error occurred during RQ_BEGIN_REQUEST notification handling. A configuration or inbound rule execution error occurred. Note Here is where the distributed rules configuration is read for both inbound and outbound rules.
500.51 – A rewrite error occurred during GL_PRE_BEGIN_REQUEST notification handling. A global configuration or global rule execution error occurred. Note Here is where the global rules configuration is read.
500.52 – A rewrite error occurred during RQ_SEND_RESPONSE notification handling. An outbound rule execution occurred.
500.53 – A rewrite error occurred during RQ_RELEASE_REQUEST_STATE notification handling. An outbound rule execution error occurred. The rule is configured to be executed before the output user cache gets updated.
500.100 – Internal ASP error.
More information about these specialized IIS codes is available at this address.
Note that if you are a webmaster, to better control and manage these errors, as well as monitoring tools such as Console Search, see Console Search Tutorial.